Wednesday, March 23, 2005

driving

does it ever amaze you how incredibly bad some people can be at driving? I mean, it just mystifies me. Sometimes I think that people completely forgot about, you know, the whole learning how to drive process and just jumped right into a vehicle, gas blazing. I swear that at times I'm driving behind a 5 year old who doesn't know his right foot from his elbow. Makes for very precarious driving situations.

Or people who will argue for 10 minutes to save like 18 cents. This woman at the cash register in front of me was arguing that caramel cream easter eggs should be on sale like the chocolate ones are, and she sat there. And argued about it. For at least 10 minutes. and since it was like, 9:30 at night, there were no other registers open. I almost gave the woman a dollar and been like "here. take it. shut the fuck up." I mean, seriously. if she saved 18 cents a day for a whole year she would have a grand total of **drumroll** $65.70! Whoptie fuckin do! I'm mostly certain I've FOUND that much money over the course of my life just by remembering to empty my pockets when I do laundry. Blar.

In other news, I got a camera case for my...uh, camera. It was $.94, which was way awesome. And my camera just barely fits in the bag, so it's all secure and shit. like you are, when you wear a seatbelt in the car. Cars. Driving. ack. We need to rethink the whole driving process. It seems really inefficient to me. I mean, you've got all these people, going to various places, and they need a 2-ton hunk of steal, rubber and gasoline to get there. Something just doesn't seem right about that. It seems like it's a huge waste of time, money, resources in general. Imagine all of the things that could be here if cars were eliminated in favor of...something else.

sigh. star trek better get here. with it's teleportation goodness. huh. teleportation isn't in my dictionary. that's a little depressing. I guess we have a long way to go

No comments: