Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Casshern

Just got through watching Casshern for the first time. I say "for the first time" because I feel this is one of those movies that you can't say you've seen until you've "seen" it at least twice. It started out all crazy like, with jilting camera motion and random story elements. It settled into it's groove about an hour in, if one could call it that. It mostly consisted of the same things as the beginning, plus gorgeous scenery and plenty of Japanese cultural references that I'm sure I misunderstood.

I did like the movie. It was about humans and war. Or just humans, if you understand us correctly. The movie is very sad, attempting to offer a glimmer of hope but really just showing further how far we've fallen. The movie could be summed up as "greed death pretty death oh wow death hate death death pretty death boom".

And there you have it.

In other news, I was walking today and I heard a loud noise above me. I turned skyward to see what I could see, and there above me was a magnificent gigantic B-52 bomber. I was awed and terrified at the same time. I have no idea why it was flying overhead, or where it was going.

Anyway, I gotta go play dodgeball.

No comments: